The Australia & New Zealand Musculoskeletal (ANZMUSC) Clinical Trials Network Seed Funding Research Scheme is funded from the ANZMUSC NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence. Seed funding is granted for research projects that can achieve a tangible outcome within 12 months of receipt of grant funds.
The scheme aims to:
- Support ideas that align with ANZMUSC research priorities (reflecting important disease burden and an important evidence or evidence-practice gap)
- Support ideas that will lead to future external funding applications for trials that could be endorsed by ANZMUSC.
Submission of Application Forms
Applications are due June 30th 2018. Application requires one electronic copy via email to arrive by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants who fail to apply as instructed will not be eligible for consideration. Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by return e-mail.
Complete the online submission below by June 30th 2018
Awards will be announced on 1st Sep 2018.
For all enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for application assessment
- Investigators must be registered members of ANZMUSC. Research students can be named as investigators (but not as lead investigator). You can only lead one application.
- Applications will be judged based upon project merit (Scientific Quality, Significance & Innovation, Consumer involvement in proposal development, Team Quality and Capability) relative to opportunity.
- Preference is given to applications that seem more likely to secure future external funding and those that support a new project or add a new project to an existing program of research.
- Applications will be assessed by the ANZMUSC Scientific and Consumer Advisory committees who will attempt to distribute support across the various disciplines represented at ANZMUSC.
- Chief Investigators on the ANZMUSC NHMRC CRE are ineligible to apply.
- The maximum funding that can be requested is $10,000. We anticipate awarding a total of 3 grants.
- Funding is untied and must be incurred or committed in 2019.
- Successful applicants will be expected to complete a progress report at 6 months and a final report on completion.
Please provide the following information for your submission. Existing unfunded applications with equivalent information can also be submitted.