PROCESS FOR ANZMUSC ENDORSEMENT
The following process is required for all studies seeking ANZMUSC endorsement.
- All applicants will apply to present their trial in an open forum at the ANZMUSC Annual Scientific meeting. Discussion of each proposal will be led by a reviewer appointed by the Scientific Committee, who will have reviewed the proposal beforehand.
- If agreed to at the ANZMUSC meeting (following the open forum), the application is submitted to the Scientific Committee.
- The application will be reviewed by 2 research reviewers and 1 consumer and a decision made by the committee whether to recommend endorsement, enable further development of the proposed trial to meet endorsement standards or reject endorsement.
- The applicant is notified of the decision within 4 weeks of submission.
- Projects marked for development will need to be revised and resubmitted to the committee for endorsement. This process is expected to involve interaction between the investigators and the Scientific Committee prior to resubmission in order to increase the likelihood of endorsement.
- The final decision will be made by the Executive committee, usually on the basis of the recommendation of the Scientific Committee.
For more information on how to apply for clinical trial presentations at the ANZMUSC Annual Scientific meeting please click here